Closing SpecialistCompany: McCabe Weisberg and Conway
PA - Philadelphia
1. Monitors the upcoming transaction, reviewing for completeness and compliance, ensuring all documents required to complete a transaction are received, properly prepared and executed, and that all of the charges associated with the transaction are collected according to contracts and agreements.
2. Determines escrow requirements by studying, interpreting and clarifying seller, buyer, and lender instructions.
3. Reviews title opinions /commitments and clearing title objections, marking up the final title commitment. Confirming all title and closing conditions are satisfied.
4. Reviews all documents with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; obtains signatures; notarizes documents as needed.
5. Inputs, reviews and approves fees on HUD-1 in accordance with state and federal regulatory bodies and lender closings instructions; calculates final mortgage payoffs,
6. Disburses funds and initiates wires after obtaining approval from the lender.
7. Crosstrain and provide direction/training to closings assistants, post closers and possibly other department staff.
8. Works closely with the customer to meet strict turn-time, quality control expectations and answering questions and inquiries regarding process, procedures and transactions.
9. Works with Accounting Department in researching and resolving any issues involving Trust/Escrow Accounts
10. Maintains proper production levels and delivery standards on a daily basis.
• High School diploma, with college degree preferred or equivalent work experience
• Elevated level of PC Proficiency; Microsoft Office Suite, SoftPro
• 3 to 5 years recent title closer/escrow officer in previous position
• Firm knowledge of more complex closings.
• Notary Public and Regulatory Insurance Licenses Required in one or more of the following jurisdictions DC, DE, FL, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA
• Excellent verbal/written communication and mathematical skills
• Strong customer service orientation, attention to detail and organizational skills
• Excellent inter-personal and time management skills
• Demonstrated excellent problem solving capability and analytical ability
• Ability to work in an accurate, detail-orientated and highly productive manner
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some file transportation is required. This would require the ability to lift large quantities of paper documents, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The ability to sit for extended periods of time is mandatory.