Loan OfficerCompany: Portland Housing Center
OR - Portland
Purpose: To originate brokered first mortgage, down payment assistance and refinance loan products, establish and maintain effective mortgage broker relationships, ensure that Portland Housing Center loan customers receive excellent customer service.
Supervisor: Executive Director
- Work with home buying team to assist mortgage ready customers through the mortgage finance process.
- Originate brokered loans to meet agency mission and business plan goals.
- Originate purchase first and refinance mortgages through brokerage relationships including conventional loans, FHA, VA, and USDA.
- Educate Portland Housing Center clients and partners about the benefits of Portland Housing Center mortgage products and working with Portland Housing Center as a lender.
- Develop and implement plan for sourcing of new loan leads both within the agency and externally.
- Document all customer contacts within the agency client management system and track clients in Encompass.
- Assist in recruiting new partners and nurturing relationships to help ensure participation in and support for Portland Housing Center lending services.
- Ensure that all applicable state and federal lending laws and regulations are complied with in the origination of brokered loans.
- Make optimal use of time to meet performance goals and provide high quality customer service.
- Keep informed on lending industry trends and regulations, affordable housing issues and new and potential programs to assist first-time buyers and homeowners, and adjust services accordingly, keeping up on the current changes in the loan programs.
Skill and Experience Required:
- Current Oregon State Mortgage Loan Originator License and NMLS SAFE Act compliant loan originator status.
Experience originating an average of five loans per month in a brokerage environment.
Working knowledge of Encompass and Microsoft Office programs.
Familiarity with general underwriting guidelines for affordable lending products.
Able to successfully complete Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation's Full Cycle Lending Mortgage Lending Certification.
Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Demonstrated ability to effectively explain the home buying process and mortgage financing process to first-time home buyers.
Demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse ethnic, socio-economic backgrounds.
Demonstrated exceptional communication track record with both internal and external stakeholders.
Performance Measures for Major Responsibilities:
Meet the goals, strategies, and work plan set in the annual Business Plan.
Keep current with resources, regulations and trends related to major responsibilities and continuing education requirements.
Organizational Performance Measures:
Work cooperatively with Portland Housing Center staff to carry out organizational goals.
Exhibit excellent customer service skills, including responding to all calls and voicemails within one business day.
Adhere to organizational policies and procedures and all applicable regulations.
Promote the Portland Housing Center and its services.
Normal office environment. Occasional standing for long periods of time. Some lifting required (20-40 lbs.) Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends. Travel to other training locations periodically required.